Monday, 14 July 2014

Strawberries and Fairy Dust!

It must be the time of year but I don't seam to get 5 minutes to sit down and write what I've been up to because I'm so busy doing it. I've also got a serious Instagram addiction at the moment!

I've joined the Strawberry Swap which I saw on (you guessed it!) Instagram. It is such a simple idea for a swap - the theme is Strawberries and all you have to so is make something with the theme in mind. It is a secret swap so you don't know who is making your item and the person who you are making for has no idea who you are. I was so excited about this swap I couldn't wait to get started. I have decided to start with a mini (if I get the time and inspiration I might make more but so far it is just the mini) and I've used Thimble Blossoms mini Spools as a basis.

What do you think so far?



I'm sticking with the nine spools but I'm just not sure about the layout so any suggestions are very welcome.

We had a family day out yesterday at a local event known as Fairy Day! We had no idea what to expect but we headed off with our picnic and enjoyed a looking round. Sofia loved her new fairy outfit and wings but by lunch time she changed into a more comfortable dress but wasn't letting go of the wings. I think her favourite part was meeting Princess Ariel who gave her a cuddle and a seashell!



We have another busy week and we break up for the summer holidays too! In a way I won't miss rushing out to take them to playgroup three times a week but I'm sure going to miss the spare time I had while they were out! I might just have to find a way to make a game out of cleaning the house! 

2 comments:

  1. I love your spool blocks! I'm sure your partner will love it too. and a clean the house game? sounds fun. if you run out of cleaning send your little cleaners over to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spools. Sofia looks adorable in her wings xxx

    ReplyDelete