Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Two down, One to go!

I seam to have a memory like a sieve at the moment. I finished the runner for my uncle wrapped it up and gave it to him at the weekend. What I forgot to do was take a picture of it!

So armed with camera I headed over there after I dropped the children off at play school. I found the runner on top of the chest of drawers where I designed it to go but instead of the sheep and chickens he had the backing fabric on show. Note to self - my uncle does not like things fussy!

Now I apologise for the picture quality, I had a bit of a sunshine issue - a very rare occurrence in the UK but very welcome!





My other finish is the Amelia top which was my very first attempt into making children's clothing. I didn't exactly follow the pattern as the material I was using just happened to be an old bathroom curtain from my mother in law and I didn't want to break up the material by putting a band in. I made the biggest size I could and added a little extra length.






Now I know I went for the biggest size and I expected it to be big on Sofia and it was so I added a pleat in the back so that it can be let out when she is bigger. I also didn't use button holes - the buttons are decorative and I used plastic snap fasteners to do the job. Not bad for an old curtain is it?

I have also deceied on my fabric for my next project. I'm only using two and keeping it simple.


Have you tried anything new and out of your comfort zone recently?




No comments:

Post a Comment