Saturday, 26 April 2014

Julia

I'm hoping it is not just me but I seam to get so caught up in sewing and taking pictures that my blog posts are left on the back burner. This one is definitely a good example.

As soon as Clover & Violet released the Julia wallet pattern I knew I wanted to make one.

http://www.cloverandviolet.com/shop/the-julia-wallet

I just didn't know who I would make it for so I started going through my stash for ideas. Now the wallet I made has no one in mind and I used just one fat quarter to make it with instead of following the  pattern for the patchwork section. I decided on a mans wallet and made the smaller version. I didn't have the interfacing suggested in the pattern and discovered that nowhere in the UK sells it (or at least no one in the UK sells it online) so I used some midweight interfacing I had in.


The pattern was great to follow and even gave me an excuse to uses my over locker (serger). Which has only been used a handful of times since I got it serviced last year. In fact I have only used it a handful of times since I bought it about 6 years ago second hand. I had all these great ideas but not the time so it was packed away with my machine.

I know it is not very pretty and though it is not very firm because of the interfacing I chose it is fine once you put cards in.

 

My auntie has just returned from a holiday in the US and managed to get me some of the interfacing the pattern recommends so I will get to try it out soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment