Monday, 14 April 2014

Bags of Lunch!

It was my best friends birthday at the start of the year so I phoned her up and asked what she would like. I think I was wanting to make her a general everyday bag but that option was not met with much enthusiasm so I started listing other things that I had thought of. Finally I made a suggestion that she loved and I got sewing, or should I say researching!

My friend had decided on a lunch bag. She had recently got engaged and with a wedding on the cards and the new year starting she had decided to eat healthier and try and shed a few pounds.(She is doing really well.)

I found a great tutorial by Jennie over at Clover and Violet for a Lunch bag but I didn't like the idea of not being able to wash the bag if the lining was laminated fabric so I started researching alternatives. I finally found PUL fabric which is machine washable up to 60 degrees, is a medical grade fabric and the coating is protected against fungi and bacteria. I bought just plain white so that I could use it for more than one project but there are so many different patterns out there as well.

This is the lunch bag I made for my friend. I use a twin needle when I quilted it with contrasting treads.






Now the reason I am telling you all this is because I decided to scale it down to make one for a little girl who's 3rd birthday party it is tomorrow.

Her favourite colour is yellow, she likes fairy's and sparkly things. What do you think?

Front
Back
Even the bottom has fairy's!

Inside - not much to see but as I took a photo I thought I would share!

I have even managed a bit of recycling. If you look closely you can see the zip is one that was part of my post Recycle.

2 comments:

  1. those are great lunch bags! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, Love the bags and especially that lining. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete