Sunday, 9 March 2014

Thats Life!

I have sat down on at least five separate occasions to write my next post. Life just seamed to get in the way. The children woke up or I ran out of time. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

I mentioned a while ago that I was taking part in the Triple-Zip Pouch Swap: Round 2 It was a great swap and the first time I have taken part in a blind swap so it was just a bit different. In my last post I got to show you the pouch I received from Esther and now I can show you the pouch I made for Paula.

Paulas' brief was that she loved bright colours and pink and orange was one of her favourite colour combinations. I ran with the theme and this was the resulting pouch. Sorry about the blur on the photo but if you would like to see a better photo Paula took a nicer one which she posted on Flickr.

I was away on holiday last week with my family and when we returned I had some happy mail waiting for me. I entered a competition on Grace & Favours facebook page and WON. I sent them my address details just before we when away and look what was waiting for me when I returned home.

 Now I know it is a bunting competition and those who know me know that the one think I just can't get on with is bunting! So when I entered I said I would not make bunting with it but I would make a bag and that is what I will do. I also said that I would donate the bag to my favourite charity (It should go without saying but my chosen charity is CHUF) for them to auction off next time they hold an auction. Now all I need to do is decide on a pattern. There are 3 FQ's and the houses is a long quarter! Does anyone have any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny! That is a super sweet pouch!
    Your winnings are also super fun! i have no clue about bags, but i am sure that it will be gorgeous!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pouch & fun winnings! Any bag pattern would be adorable out of those pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete