Sunday, 30 March 2014

Mothers Day!

Look at what came home with James and Sofia from nursery the the other day.


They also came home with cards and Sofia made me a collage picture. I'm loving Mothers Day this year.

Just in time for Mothers day my friend had a baby boy a few days ago. I asked her a couple of months ago if she would like a quilt and because she did not find out the gender prior to giving birth she asked for a pale yellow and cream quilt to match the nursery and the design was totally up to me.

Little did she know what kind of challenge she had set for me. I really struggled to find pale yellow fabric that you would describe as non gender specific, so in the end I found a pale yellow with small white spots, a solid pale yellow in a slightly different shade and a cream fabric for a contrast. I started off not knowing at all what to do with it as I didn't want it to be bland and boring. After a lot of thought and several changes of mind this is the quilt I delivered today. Excuse the creases I didn't have time to iron it before we left. What do you think?


It's Mothering Sunday today and I'm really looking forward to spending the day with my family. I hope everyone has a lovely day.

2 comments:

  1. what a darling baby quilt! happy Mothers day to you. Ours is not until May. Sweet that the kiddos brought home flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really adorable!
    Loving the pinwheels!
    I also have trouble finding gender neutral fabrics: I think you did very well!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete