Monday, 24 February 2014

Liebster award!

Thank you very much to my blogging friend Ellyn over at Ellyn's Place for nominating me for a Liebster award. I've not been blogging for a month yet and I have my first award! 

Now I have done a great deal of research into the Liebster award since I was nominated and have found that there are no set rules so I will follow my nominators lead and as the recipient of the award answer the 12 questions below.

 
1. Why did you start blogging? I want to connect with other like minded crafty people and blogging to me seamed the obvious choice. I like the personal feel to a blog.


2. What is something this year that you are really looking forward to? It's not so much as looking forward to but desperately hoping that this year will be the first since James was born that he won't have to have open heart surgery.


3. What is your favourite thing to do to unwind? I love sewing but that goes hand in hand with reading other peoples blogs to get inspiration.


4. Photo's say a thousand words so share a photo that means the most to you. Why is that picture important to you?
This was taken a week and a half after James had his first life saving open heart surgery. The week before it was touch and go for James. This is a snapshot of my miracles.

5. What quote inspires you the most? God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/reinholdni100884.html#6EMo4KAxcB1CWysM.99


6. Name a quilting tool you can’t live without & why? My sewing machine as I don't have the patience to quilt by hand.


7. Where is your favourite vacation spot? I don't have a favourite vacation spot. I loved my honeymoon in New Zealand but that was because I got to share it with my husband. I enjoyed going to Portugal and loved meeting friends of my husband who live out there. I really loved last years family holiday when we went to our nearest Center Parcs for my birthday.


8. What is your favourite blog? Now I'm going to be slightly diplomatic here and say that I don't have one favourite blog. I do however have a couple of blogs I visit most often and the obvious one is Ellyn's Place and the other is Clover & Violet

9. What is your favourite way to work out? Playing with my children. Believe me it can be a work out especially when they are in the garden or on the farm.


10. Where do you like to shop? It depends what I am looking for. I usually shop in the sales bin/section when I visit my local Cumbrian & what can only be described as local when we are visiting The Freeman Hospital in Northumberland quilting shops. I can't resit a bargain.


11. What's the best advice you've ever been given? Do something other than siting around worrying when your child is in theatre.


12. What is your favourite blog post you've written? There are not very many so at the moment I think my first ever post will be my favourite. The start of something new! 

All questions answered and it is alot harder than it looks. Now for the nominations.  



 Jennie


Here are your questions! Participation is completely optional. :-)

1. Why did you start blogging? 

2. What is something this year that you are really looking forward to?

3. What is your favourite thing to do to unwind?

4. Photo's say a thousand words so share a photo that means the most to you. Why is that picture important to you?

5. What quote inspires you the most?
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/reinholdni100884.html#6EMo4KAxcB1CWysM.99

6. Name a quilting tool you can’t live without & why? 

7. Where is your favourite vacation spot?

8. What is your favourite blog? 

9. What is your favourite way to work out?

10. Where do you like to shop?

11. What's the best advice you've ever been given?

12. What is your favourite blog post you've written?

1 comment:

  1. Nice to "meet" you :-)
    I've never heard of this before, you nominated me!
    My post will be up soon.

    ReplyDelete