Thursday, 13 February 2014

Baby Shower Material

About a year ago my sister called me up and said that one of her friends was having a baby shower and had asked that they all bring a square of fabric measuring 25cm by 25cm (10" x 10") that reflected their personalities so that she could have it made into a quilt. I had a look though my stash and picked out a few pieces of fabric that I thought represented my sister. This is the one she picked!
A little girl was born and a few months later my sisters friend contacted me and asked if I could make a quilt from the material she was given at her baby shower. I accepted and we went thought all her choices style (pattern), size, wadding etc and my sister brought the material over on her next visit. It was a mixed bag of fabric and not everything was suitable to use. There were however a lot of larger pieces in the fabric that was suitable and definitely enough to make a quilt top. I aso put a bit more of the material my sister picked into the quilt to help balance it out. My sisters friend also asked if I could make a dolls blanket for her daughter to play with when she was a bit older. I agreed and also suggested a little bag as all little girls love to carry a bag round. Anyway to cut a long story short my mother travelled over to see my sister this last weekend and delivered the quilt, dolls blanket and little bag.
Here are a couple of photos. I asked my husband to help with the photography because he is much better than I am.

For the bag I used a Clover & Violet pattern (The Margaret Mini Bag) and  I think it is so cute. Hope you are all having a great day!





1 comment: