Wednesday, 29 January 2014

A Geordie Day Out!

We travelled over to the north east yesterday to visit the Freeman hospital with James  so that he could see his cardiologist for a review following his suspected endocarditis last November. The news was great! There is no sign of any damage caused by the endocarditis and at the moment James looks to be doing well. Our next appointment is in 6 months and fingers crossed we won't be going back before then! 

Now I couldn't visit Newcastle without checking out my favourite quilting shop Just Quilting and I could not just look! Here's what came away with me!

 I'm currently making a Penelope purse from Clover & Violet using "Bee Happy" fabrics by Shelly Comiskey for Henry Glass Fabrics but I couldn't resist a couple of fat quarters in the sale! The yellow FQ is from the Forever Spring collection by Benartex and I got 2 fat eights of Karma Baby by Mint Blossom both also in the sale!

I'm making a baby quilt for a friend who is expecting and she has asked that it is made from pale yellow and creams so I was really hunting for some fabric for her quilt so I headed down the road to another fabric shop and found these fabrics what do you think?



I also found these lovely fabrics on my travels and picked up a meter of each! 


If anyone has any idas for my pale yellow and cream baby quilt I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful fabric choices! and great news for James! I will be praying for him that the next six months goes by smoothly. No ideas for the baby quilt...

    ReplyDelete